About Charles River Associates
CRA’s Life Sciences practice helps pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical devices companies achieve optimum performance across key aspects of their business including commercial strategy, pricing and access, innovation, organisation structure, policy analysis, stakeholder management, and reputation, all for the long-term benefit of patients, clinicians, employees, and shareholders. We work with life sciences businesses directly as well as with their legal counsel, industry associations, government organisations, and advocacy groups.
Our dedicated Life Sciences practice brings clarity and solutions to complex challenges. Clients turn to us when they need to make the right decision, implement it the right way, and secure buy-in from key stakeholders. Their trust in us is rooted in our emphatic focus on clients and specifically our hands-on life sciences experience, in-depth sector knowledge, from R&D to market entry and beyond and strong academic credentials in science, economics, and business.
The CRA life sciences team operates from offices across the United States and Europe to provide insights on global issues and local market challenges, allowing ease of access for our clients.
Joining the Life Sciences Practice at CRA will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your knowledge of healthcare globally. As an integral member of the team you will help us deliver to our clients high-impact solutions that are implementable and make a difference. We provide professional development and mentoring that will give you access to our global practice where you can get exposure to colleagues from across our offices and gain experience across a wide range of geographies, therapy areas, aspects of the industry and projects.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
- Joining the Life Sciences Practice at CRA over the summer will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your knowledge of healthcare globally. As an integral member of the team you will help us deliver high-impact solutions to our clients that are implementable and make a difference. We will give you access to our global practice where you can get exposure to colleagues from across our offices and gain experience across a wide range of geographies, therapy areas, aspects of the industry and projects.
- You will be a part of an integrated team that executes and delivers across a wide variety of consulting projects through:
- Working closely with senior colleagues to deliver strategy and/or policy and economic consulting projects that address specific client needs
- Conducting independent research to identify, collect, manage and analyse data
- Contributing to internal discussions that build insights from the analytical process and you will help integrate findings into the broader project work.
- Conducting telephone or face-to-face interviews with clients or external stakeholders.
- Assuming responsibility to generating sections of client reports, presentations and other client deliverables (e.g. excel Workbooks) whilst under close supervision.
- Proactively developing your knowledge of the life sciences industry as well as consulting methodologies.
- We are seeking penultimate year undergraduate degree or Masters and PhD students who have studied a life science subject or economics from a top-tier academic institute.
- Applicants should have the ability to meet the following criteria:
- A demonstrated interest in strategy or policy consulting
- Interest in the life sciences industry
- General understanding of business processes
- Core analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Understanding of how to use Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus an understanding of how to conduct research on the Internet
- Excellent written and oral conversational and business English – additional languages may be an advantage but are not required
- Eye for detail and self-motivated to deliver high quality work on time
- Some knowledge of fundamental consulting methodologies, tools and techniques ideal but not required.
- CRA is proud of our ability to managing work/life balance. However, some travel is inevitable and successful candidates will have to show a willingness and readiness to travel to client locations when required.
- This role is based in either the Cambridge or London office.
- Internship will start in early June 2021.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply by means of a full CV and covering letter detailing why you are interested in a role with the Life Sciences practice by Sunday 20th February 2022. Our team will begin reviewing applications in February. Please indicate your location preference when applying for the London or Cambridge office.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
We believe that an in-person environment provides the best opportunity for CRA to deliver on its promise of career growth and development for all colleagues. As we transition back to our offices, we will continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines, including proof-of-vaccination requirements, accordingly. We provide our colleagues with the day-to-day flexibility to periodically work from home. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety you may have
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.