About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to collaborate with and learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will join leading minds who use economic, financial, technical, and business analysis to solve complex problems for an impressive roster of clients, including 99% of the top 100 law firms, 89% of the Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies around the globe. CRA offers a collaborative environment, with teams who strive for client excellence by bringing curiosity, resourcefulness, and initiative to their work. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch your career.
As a firm we are experiencing unprecedented growth and demand for our services. As a result, we are expanding our Data Science team with the recruitment of an Associate in the data analytics practice, within Risk, Investigations and Analytics.
The Risk, Investigations and Analytics Practice focuses mainly on FCPA, litigation, compliance and data driven investigations; but as a member of the analytics team you will have the opportunity to work across all service lines at CRA.
Our team of data scientists, analysts, developers, business consultants and industry experts work with clients at all stages of their information evolution and provide the full breadth of capability from analytics strategy and transformation, through to advanced data science, graph analytics, NLP, OCR and Data Visualization.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an innovative team to apply state-of-the-art analytics to real world business challenges.
In this role you will influence many of the recommendations our clients need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance.
- The candidate will combine different tools and technologies to develop end to end analytical solutions that address our clients’ business challenges through asset development.
- Opportunities to apply predictive analytics, statistical modelling and machine learning/deep learning techniques for recommender systems, fin crime applications, risk analytics and text analytics
- Work closely with business stakeholders and experts in order to develop new concepts to develop new and innovative tools to support the evolving data landscape
- Stay up to date with developments in data analytics, solution architecture and programming languages
You are a problem solver, and a data expert with hands on experience of complete end-to-end data and analytics projects which store, integrate, transform and combine internal and external data to create insights. You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, or applied mathematics.
We are seeking candidates to support our growing data analytics practice. Ideal candidates should possess:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Programming skills in the following language: R, Python, SQL and excel
- Experience in working with large datasets and relational databases
- Undergraduate degrees in related disciplines, with prior consulting experience preferred (Professional certifications are beneficial but not required)
- A willingness to work in a collegial and entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, manage multiple workstreams, be attentive to detail, and meet timely deadlines
- Experience of data visualization packages such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience automating processes using python or other tools
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in relevant fields
- A high level of initiative and curiosity, a strong work ethic and dedication to quality
- Additional languages would be an advantage but are not essential
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
We believe that an in-person environment provides the best opportunity for CRA to deliver on its promise of career growth and development for all colleagues. As we transition back to our offices, we will continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines, including proof-of-vaccination requirements, accordingly. We provide our colleagues with the day-to-day flexibility to periodically work from home. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety you may have
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.