About Charles River Associates
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you accelerate your career.
CRA’s Life Sciences practice helps pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics and medical device companies achieve optimum performance across key aspects of their business, including innovation, commercial success, organization, and reputation, all for the long-term benefit of patients, clinicians, employees, and shareholders. We work with life sciences businesses directly as well as with their legal counsel, industry associations, government organizations, and advocacy groups from the earliest stages of research into new therapy areas, through product development, to the delivery of products that will achieve commercial success and fulfill the expectations of our clients and their key stakeholders.
We are seeking experienced project managers with knowledge of the Life Sciences market and strong knowledge of pricing and market access issues in the European markets to join our team.
Senior Associates at CRA work on project teams with senior and junior consultants on a variety of client engagements across industries.
Senior Associates conduct advanced strategic analysis and assist in the management of consulting projects. They may serve as a project manager, direct the work of others, oversee analysis, manage mid-level client relationships, and/or communicate project results. Staff at this level are expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to effectively plan and manage the execution of smaller projects or significant sub-tasks on larger, more complex projects, conceptualize and analyse issues, and perform or direct a wide variety of analytical tasks. We also highly value a strong work ethic, creativity, a positive attitude, and a high level of energy.
- Independently identify/design analytic tasks and contribute to the development of overall analytic framework for consulting projects
- Interface with client representatives to communicate developments and present results
- Draft reports or presentations, or sections of reports or presentations
- Contribute to project planning and budget management efforts
- Provide training and technical supervision to less-experienced staff, including reviewing their analyses and providing coaching/direction
- Contribute to business development efforts and draft client proposals
- 2-4 years previous consulting experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree relevant to consulting in life sciences (e.g., biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, heakth economics, public health, pharmacology etc.)
- Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and techniques
- Proven staff and project management skills
- Client interaction, facilitation, presentation, budgeting, and project planning skills
- Strong knowledge of pricing and market access issues in the European markets
- Occasional travel required
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume, cover letter. We are recruiting in both our London, Cambridge, Zurich, and Munich offices, please indicate your location preference when applying for the position in both your cover letter and application.
Work Location, Flexibility, and COVID Safety
At CRA, we believe in creating a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth and mentorship, whilst also taking advantage of the flexibility and inclusivity that working from home provides. We continue to monitor local government and regulatory guidance and adapt our safety guidelines accordingly. For those who begin the interview process with CRA, your recruiting point of contact will be available to answer any questions about work location and COVID safety.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.