About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates (CRA) provides business management, economic and financial expertise to major industries, law firms, accounting firms, and governments. We offer business strategy and planning, market and demand forecasting, litigation and regulatory support, policy analysis, and risk management consulting services from offices across North America and Europe.
CRA’s Energy practice provides expert economic and business consulting services to a wide range of electricity and industrial clients. Our work typically includes:
- Electricity, oil, and gas market analysis
- Economic assessments of policies and regulations impacting decisions at the plant, regional, and national levels
- Expert reports and testimony for energy-based litigation
- Commercial strategy development and execution
- Merger, acquisition, and divestment planning
- Market potential assessments for renewable and unconventional energy technologies
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as an Analyst Intern.
Our Summer Analyst Internship program is meant to mirror the analyst experience to give you a greater understanding of our business and the type of work that is done at Charles River Associates. Throughout the 8-10 week program, Analyst Interns work closely with both senior and junior staff on project teams and apply economic, financial and business principles to solve real-world problems. We offer a competitive compensation package, professional development opportunities, and a work environment that is collegial and entrepreneurial.
During the Analyst Internship program, you can expect to work on many aspects of a project:
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Analysing economic and financial data using spreadsheets and databases ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
- Conducting industry, market structure, and competitor-positioning studies
- Performing a broad range of quantitative consulting tasks such as running electric power system models, database management, and forecasting
We’re looking for analytical, highly-motivated juniors majoring in economics, finance, mathematics, physics, engineering or another quantitative discipline. We place high value on knowledge of economic and financial concepts, research experience, quantitative ability, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and a high level of initiative. We expect Analyst Interns to use data and analysis to solve problems, effectively manage their time and prioritize tasks, and take pride and ownership in their work.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by Sunday 28th February 2021. Applications will be reviewed after the deadline. Internship will start in early June 2021.