We are seeking a scientist with a background in one or more of the following areas:
- Computational social science modeling
- Biomedical engineering
- Computational biology (bioinformatics)
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Human state assessment technology
This is an excellent opportunity to research, implement, and evaluate approaches inspired by the area(s) above within well-defined operational domains.
You will work to identify requirements of the domain and then design novel research and development programs that address unique challenges. You will remain abreast of current research in multiple relevant fields and apply the findings of this research to your R&D efforts. You will coordinate with our team of engineers to develop prototypes and fieldable systems that highlight the innovation and practical applications of your work. You will support the evaluation (both empirical and qualitative) of these systems and the documentation of your results in a form suitable for peer-reviewed publication. You will also lead proposals for future research and design programs.
- Develop business in various DoD and Intelligence Community R&D organizations by presenting and selling innovative technical solutions to potential new customers
- Analyze and understand customer problems and issues
- Pursue novel technologies to implement solutions, including establishing new areas of research
- Work with software engineers in developing and demonstrating interface solutions
- Conduct technical discussions with customers
- Contribute to and lead proposal efforts for new business
- Contribute as an author for reports and papers, and present work at briefings and conferences when appropriate
- U.S. Citizenship
- PhD degree in Computational Social Science, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or Cognitive Neuroscience.
- Passion for evangelizing the unique benefits of specific R&D concepts that you develop
- Demonstrated ability to regularly develop new methods/approaches to create novel contributions to the state of the art
- Demonstrated ability to lead identification of technical, user, and customer-focused opportunities across multiple projects and relationships within a Group or Division
- Strong verbal and written skills to support proposal writing, interaction with customers, and presentations at technical conferences
- Demonstrated ability to generate clear, concise, and grammatically correct written materials
- Strong fit with Company goals and values (work ethic, attitude, interest in work)
Nice to have:
- Strong track record of program capture and program leadership in DoD and IC-relevant R&D organizations
- Strong reputation in your field of practice; experts encouraged to apply
- A record of publications in relevant communities
- Military experience
- Knowledge and experience with software languages and platforms
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.