Are you passionate about research and development of intelligent virtual agents? We are seeking a scientist with experience in practical virtual agent architectures, agent modeling and evaluation, agents in games and simulations, and real-world applications of virtual agents. In this position, you will collaborate with teams of AI scientists, software engineers, and domain subject matter experts to advance the state-of-the-art in social and emotional agents, multi-modal interaction, embodied cognition, social learning, and social robot systems.
You will apply this research to a full range of challenges from foundational basic research to real-world applications. You will be able to immediately contribute to well-funded ongoing research programs across this spectrum, and you will have the flexibility to expand those research thrusts into additional areas of your research interests as you pursue, collaborate on, and lead projects in these areas.
Recent related Charles River Analytics news and efforts:
Advances in explainable AI under CAMEL (https://www.cra.com/company/news/dialogue-between-humans-and-machinesbr-charles-river-analytics-presents-explainable-ai)
Social-behavioral modeling to understand complex systems (https://www.cra.com/company/news/modeling-human-behaviorbr-charles-river-analytics-staff-author-chapters-%E2%80%9Csocial)
Use of agents in medical training under EFECTIVE (https://www.cra.com/company/news/new-tech-trains-next-generation-medical-skillsbr-charles-river-analytics-develops-dod%E2%80%99s)
- Dynamic and believable agents
- Virtual agent social cognition, learning, and adaptation
- Models of emotion, conversation, and social skills
- Applications of machine learning to improving human-agent interaction
- Languages and architectures for rapid specification and development of virtual agents
- Integration of virtual agents with games and simulations
- Drama management technologies to coordinate virtual agents in simulation and real-world environments with dramatic story structures.
- Empirical evaluation of virtual agents for human-computer interaction, training, and support applications
- Work with a team of scientists and engineers to develop new AI methods, approaches, and prototype systems
- Analyze and understand customer problems and issues to convert these insights into system requirements
- Pursue novel technologies to implement solutions, including establishing new areas of research
- Present and support the presentation of innovative technical solutions at briefings, workshops, and conferences to customers, collaborators, and the research community
- Work with experienced software engineers to develop and implement solutions
- Conduct technical discussions with customers
- Write and contribute to proposals, reports, and research papers
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or a track record conducting research or advanced development in these areas
- Strong verbal and written skills to support proposal writing, interaction with customers, and presentations at technical conferences
- Experience with intelligent virtual agents
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.