Are you passionate about new approaches to artificial intelligence (AI) architectures and systems? We are seeking senior level scientists with demonstrated expertise in AI focusing on one or more of our areas of application, including: machine learning, symbolic AI, and their combination, probabilistic reasoning, AI architectures, programming languages, intelligent virtual agents, and cognitive architectures.
In this position, you will collaborate with and lead teams of AI scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts to advance the state-of-the-art in the areas of your expertise. You will collaborate with researchers at top universities and research labs to create the next generation of AI technologies, combining the strengths of recent advances in machine learning and traditional AI. You will be able to immediately contribute to well-funded ongoing research programs across this spectrum, and you will have the flexibility to expand those research thrusts into additional areas of your research interests as you pursue, collaborate on, and lead projects in these areas.
Recent related Charles River Analytics news and efforts:
Keynote on the future of probabilistic programming Dr. Avi Pfeffer, Charles River Analytics’ Chief Scientist (https://www.cra.com/company/news/latest-probabilistic-programmingbr-charles-river-analytics-dr-avi-pfeffer-delivers)
Probabilistic extensions for Systems Modeling Language in ProbSysML (https://www.cra.com/work/case-studies/probsysml)
Explainable deep learning in CAMEL (https://www.cra.com/work/case-studies/camel)
- Combining symbolic and sub-symbolic AI approaches
- Developing programming languages and domain specific languages to specify new AI architectures
- Creating interactive intelligent virtual agents
- Integrating cognitive architectures into training and assessment systems
- Pursue novel technologies to implement solutions, including establishing new areas of research
- Present innovative technical solutions at briefings, workshops, and conferences to customers, collaborators, and the research community
- Work with experienced software engineers to develop and implement solutions
- Conduct technical discussions with customers
- Analyze and understand funding-agency challenge problems and issues to convert these insights into system requirements
- Write and contribute to proposals, reports, and research papers
- U.S. Citizenship
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or a strong track record conducting research in these areas
- Strong verbal and written skills to support proposal writing, interaction with customers, and presentations at technical conferences
- Significant experience with AI in one or more sub-fields identified
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.