Charles River Analytics is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to develop cutting-edge artificial intelligence (AI) systems. You will work with scientists and software teams at Charles River and university partners such as MIT, CMU and Northeastern to create systems that range from basic research systems in next-generation AI to deployed products that apply these advances to high mpact domains. You will lead software teams on both multi-year, multi-million-dollar projects and smaller focused efforts, in technology areas that range across machine learning and AI including: explainable AI, realistic intelligent agents in the Unity and Unreal game engines, intelligent tutoring, adaptive training, crowdsourcing, and advanced decision aids. You will design and implement software for these systems, including AI methods that drive intelligent agents, tutoring behaviors, algorithms and machine learning approaches for assessing trainee performance and learning, methods for adapting training content to individual needs, and applications of these features in real-world training. You will collaborate with and lead other software engineers, using an Agile/Scrum approach, to advance the state of the art in skill modeling for a variety of applications in these areas. You will be able to immediately contribute to well-funded ongoing projects ranging from novel revolutionary research applications to deployed applications and training systems.
You will be responsible for staying current with software development practices, algorithms, and share that knowledge with other software engineers. Your awareness should cover areas such as modeling and simulation environments, AI algorithms and applications, and modern programming languages.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or a higher degree with 5 years in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience designing, developing, and documenting complex software systems on Windows and/or Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g., Agile (Scrum), reading/generating software specs, following software coding guidelines)
- Demonstrated management of multiple small teams across a collection of projects
- Demonstrated design and development of sizable system architectures
- Demonstrated expertise with Java and/or C#, and agility to learn new languages
- Demonstrated experience in algorithm design and development including AI algorithms for analysis and/or behavior modeling
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions
- Ability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment (will be expected to interact with clients and other performers)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Code and writing samples may be requested
Desired but Not Required
- Experience applying and building machine learning algorithms
- Experience developing products for commercial and/or transition environments
- Experience in cyber, maintenance, medical, or military domains
- Experience in crowdsourcing applications and algorithms
- Experience with modeling and simulation
- Expertise in advanced languages such as Clojure, Julia, Haskel, SCALA, Python, Lisp, and interoperability across languages
- Experience in AI frameworks such as Tensorflow, and software frameworks such as LLVM, JVM, and program transformation frameworks.
Recent Related Charles River Analytics News and Efforts
Maintenance-based Training using Adaptive Gaming and a Pedagogic Interpretation engine (MAGPIE): https://www.cra.com/work/case-studies/magpie
Advanced Medical Training and Assessment: https://cra.com/company/news/advances-military-medical-carebr-charles-river-scientists-present-medical-technology
Exploring Methods for Better Counterfactual Forecasting: https://www.cra.com/company/news/%E2%80%9Cwhat-if%E2%80%9D-continuumbr-charles-river-analytics-develops-process-help-analysts-overcome
Optimizing Skill-Based Assignments in Crowdsourcing Applications: https://www.cra.com/work/case-studies/crisis
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.