We are looking for a Marketing and Technical Writer to help us produce documentation and marketing communications for Science and Technology R&D projects.
As a Marketing and Technical Writer at Charles River Analytics, you will be responsible for creating creative and compelling copy, both for print and digital communications and embedded within technical documentation, such as proposals, status reports, final reports, and user guides. You will also have significant editing responsibilities for marketing and technical materials.
The successful candidate has an academic or professional background in a STEM field with a deep interest in writing, and/or has experience writing scientific, medical, or technical content for a variety of formats, including digital media. You must enjoy working independently, be self-motivated, and love to learn about scientific domains and technologies. You must be able to handle concurrent assignments that have quick turnaround times under strict deadlines with a professional and positive attitude.
This position requires a flexible work schedule; work occasionally occurs after normal business hours to meet delivery deadlines.
- Convert highly technical source materials into an easy-to-understand and streamlined narrative
- Create documentation for projects and marketing communications across many scientific areas of research
- Edit content – from one-page brochures to 100+-page reports – so that the content is direct, easy to read, and compelling, while maintaining technical accuracy
- Support the training of scientists and engineers on technical writing best practices
- Ensure that deliverables meet contractual requirements
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong attention to detail; ability to edit and proofread your own work
- Ability to quickly learn and understand highly technical content in a number of different fields and domains
- Excellent writer and verbal communicator, obsessive about technical accuracy
- Proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Independent, entrepreneurial work style
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Willingness to help create, maintain, and adhere to style guides and standard processes
- Ability to work effectively and independently to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation, and self-discipline
- Flexibility to work extended hours during peak times
Candidates should be prepared to provide writing samples of both technical and marketing writing.
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.