Are you interested in tackling challenging, real-world problems using the latest techniques in artificial intelligence and machine learning? Are you considering the next step in your career? Charles River Analytics is looking for bright, enthusiastic minds to join our next generation of talented individuals starting June 2020.
Charles River Analytics is a 100% employee-owned small business that researches and develops novel software for our US Government and commercial customers. That new thing coming out of DARPA? Yep, that's us. We pride ourselves in our ability to apply current and emerging artificial intelligence techniques that not only solve real-world problems, but keep our scientists and engineers deeply engaged.
We are looking for a junior Scientist to address challenging problems in domains such as explainable artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, command and control, autonomous vehicles, intelligence analysis, health and medical, internet of things (IoT), and space-based systems. You will draw from your experience and work in small, tightly-knit teams of scientists and engineers to implement novel applications of new research concepts. Projects will range across machine learning, probabilistic modeling, cybersecurity, data analytics, knowledge representation, natural language processing, computational social science, and search and optimization. Example projects include analyzing smartphone sensor data to monitor health and detect injury, building explanation systems for deep learning agents in game environments (e.g., StarCraft2), and using concepts from linguistics to avoid cyber-attacks.
As a Scientist in Decision Management Systems, you will collaborate with your team to understand the problem, research approaches, design solutions, and evaluate the results. You'll connect with researchers, contribute to and publish papers, attend conferences, and share your findings. At Charles River Analytics, we foster an environment where scientists can develop their personal research interests and are supported by a community to help them thrive.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience implementing solutions using machine learning, causal reasoning, natural language processing, knowledge representation and reasoning, search and optimization, or algorithms from related research areas in artificial intelligence
- Relevant internships, co-op, or industry experience; and/or prior research experience (e.g., senior thesis)
- Demonstrated relevant coursework (e.g., via college transcript) including graduate-level coursework
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, Scala, Python, Julia, or C/C++ and a proficiency in at least one
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Keen to learn more about new AI techniques and applications
- Superior written and oral communication skills, demonstrating ability to keep your customers and teammates informed
- Demonstration of code samples (e.g., GitHub, GitLab, work sample assignment response)
- U.S. Citizenship
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; or concentration in artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated ability to create novel contributions to the state of the art (e.g., existing publications)
- Experience working on projects of various sizes, individually and as part of a team
- Experience with one or more of the following or similar:
- Machine learning frameworks (i.e. scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Probabilistic models or probabilistic programming
- Cybersecurity related challenges (malware analysis, reverse engineering, vulnerability detection)
- Big/Fast Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.