Scientist, Probabilistic Modeling and Machine Learning
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic computer scientist with strong expertise in artificial intelligence, probabilistic modeling, and machine learning, to work on cutting-edge intelligent systems research applied to real-world challenges.
Example projects you would work on include:
- Detecting emerging medical conditions based on data collected from cellphones
- Predicting and monitoring faults in microgrid power systems
- Recognizing workflows from streaming activity data
- Modeling patterns of network attacks and defenses
At Charles River Analytics, you will develop and use ideas from a number of fields including probabilistic modeling, machine learning, programming languages, natural language understanding, and cyber security. You will work in tightly-knit, small project-oriented teams with a Principal Investigator and other scientists and software engineers to create software prototypes of new research concepts. You will have the opportunity to design and execute your own research projects, growing into a Principal Investigator where you will pursue your own interests. You will also have the opportunity to attend conferences and have your work published.
- Design new methods or use existing methods from the literature to solve problems for challenging applications
- Write papers and reports on existing projects
- Formulate new ideas and develop proposals for new projects, including establishing new areas of research
- Present your work to customers, collaborators, and the research community
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and other team members
- Masters (with 2 years of related experience) or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area
- Expertise in probabilistic modeling and machine learning methods
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Ability to translate user needs and system features into actionable requirements for software engineering teams to produce technical solutions
- US Citizenship
- Knowledge of probabilistic programming
- Experience with system modeling and prediction
- Demonstrated experience building artificial intelligence applications in a general purpose programming language such as Java, Scala, and/or Python.
- Experience directly interacting with customers and/or users
- Proven ability to generate proposals, publications, or similar written materials
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.