Charles River Analytics has a new, exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator to join our Sensing, Perception, and Applied Robotics Division. This highly visible position provides critical administrative, operational, and project-level support across government- and industry-sponsored research & development (R&D) projects in image processing (feature extraction, pattern recognition, object detection and classification, tracking and motion analysis, etc.), security and surveillance, navigation, EW/signal processing, sensor fusion, and robot autonomy. At Charles River, we are proud of our ability to apply innovative techniques that solve real-world problems.
As part of the Charles River Analytics team, you will work closely with other departments on contractual, financial, and corporate-level tasks. As a member of the DivOps team, you will report to the division’s Operations Lead and support the division’s technical staff of scientists, engineers, and technicians. You will be instrumental in helping the division to be the best it can be, identifying opportunities and directing attention to where it is most needed.
- Work with the division’s Operations Lead to implement corporate and division initiatives as prioritized by the Division Vice President
- Provide project support to the technical staff in meeting project goals and deadlines
- Use project management software to maintain the quality of business processes; support forecasting and budgeting processes; and monitor project schedules and deliverables for adherence to contractual obligations and corporate policies
- Communicate with customers and collaborators to manage project needs
- Schedule and run meetings, capture meeting notes, manage action items, and follow up with team members
- Proofread technical papers and proposals
- Gracefully navigate an evolving set of operational tasks
- Develop and support new and more efficient processes within the division
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of related professional experience or equivalent
- Solid computer skills including expert ability with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Salesforce and Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator are a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal/customer service skills, diplomacy, and tact. Positive “can-do” attitude, flexibility, and sense of urgency when faced with significant challenges.
- Eagerness to take on new projects and learn new skills as needed in a growing company.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of our team, follow-through on individual assignments, and exert appropriate influence when needed to ensure team success.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with shifting deadlines.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, analytical, organized, and demonstrate discretion with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Proven verbal and written English communication skills, with excellent spelling and grammar; advanced editing and proofreading skills.
- Comfortable working with numbers (i.e., possess the ability to validate/make sense of calculations/metrics by having an understanding of what they suggest about the big picture).
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates experienced with project management and/or Government contracting.
- Experience with grant or proposal writing is a plus.
- Business process design is a plus.
- U.S. citizenship is required
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.