This is an excellent opportunity to join a top-notch team of software engineers and data scientists to develop web-based solutions. You will work closely with scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts, using modern web and mobile frameworks, to develop cutting edge visualizations and interactions for different domains. Your engineering input on design concepts in terms of feasibility, ideal technology, optimization, and other implementation level details is a crucial responsibility for this position.
These skills are intended to be representative of the types of frameworks and libraries that could be used for this work. Having expertise in one or more per category is required but expertise in all is not. Your understanding of which is applicable to a given project is crucial.
- Testing: Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, TapeJS, Protractor.
- Dev Workflow: Webpack, grunt, gulp.
- API/ data services: GraphQL, REST, Swagger, ActiveMQ, STOMP, WebSockets
- Back-End Tech: NodeJS, Python
- Databases: PostGres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Web Mapping APIs: GeoJson, Mapbox, ArcGIS, OpenLayers, Leaflet.
- Cloud/Virtualization: Docker, AWS EC2, VirtualBox, VM Ware
- OS: Comfortable on OSX, Linux , Windows
- Version Control: Git
Desired, but not required
- jQuery, Backbone.js, Ember.js
- Ruby, Rails, Java, Scala, Play framework
- Google Maps, Bing Maps
- Mobile development on Android, iOS
- Electron (native webapps)
- SailsJS, Django, KeystoneJS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum in a multi-person team environment
- Familiarity with web development security concerns and best practices
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must have 7+ years of professional software development experience, ideally with exposure to the full software development lifecycle
- Willingness to travel to support customer- and training-related events
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.