We are seeking a scientist to work with small teams to advance the science of learning and develop new learning systems. Do you like to play games, but are more interested in how to improve the game than winning? Are you interested in how the brain acquires new skills? Do you wish tailored and adaptive training was available to everyone? Do you ask for “more data” for your birthday? This may be the position for you!
You will apply the latest evidence-based techniques from fields such as artificial intelligence (AI), cognitive modeling, game AI, intelligent tutoring systems, modeling and simulation, and/or instructional design to domains such as military tactics, cyber defense, and healthcare. You will work with our scientists and software engineers to determine requirements, design new approaches, and assist in implementing these designs in software. You will also support evaluation of research ideas (both empirical and qualitative) and the documentation of your results for peer-reviewed publication and reports to Sponsors. You will be involved in the authoring of new proposals to further these areas of research and development.
- Analyze and understand customer problems and issues to convert these insights into system requirements
- Pursue novel technologies to implement solutions, including establishing new areas of research
- Present innovative technical solutions to potential new customers
- Aid in the design and implementation a variety of learning solutions
- Work with software engineers in developing and implementing solutions
- Conduct technical discussions with customers with support from other scientists
- Write and contribute to proposals
- Contribute to reports and papers
- Present work at briefings and conferences
- U.S. Citizenship
- Doctorate degree in Computer or Cognitive Science (or a related field) or a strong track record conducting research in these areas
- Strong verbal and written skills to support proposal writing, interaction with customers, and presentations at technical conferences
- Experience with one or more topics in cognitive modeling, game AI, training simulations, intelligent tutoring systems, modeling and simulation, instructional design
NICE TO HAVE:
- A record of publications in any of the above fields
- Domain experience addressing healthcare, cyber defense, or military problems
- Military experience
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.