WHO WE ARE
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and advance equity. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities.
The Senior Project Manager, IT (SPM) is a member of the Information Technology team, which is based in Schusterman’s Washington, DC, office. The SPM will lead a newly created Project Management Office (PMO) of business analysts and project managers. The SPM will have the opportunity to create the charter for the PMO, build a robust project management and business analysis discipline for the team and to function as project manager for key initiatives. This role is focused on ensuring that Information Technology projects are appropriately prioritized and implemented with excellence to achieve their goals on behalf of our internal stakeholders in a sustainable manner.
• Develop and manage a Project Management Office (PMO) that sets, maintains and ensures standards for project management processes and operations processes across the Information Technology team.
• Ensure Information Technology project success in alignment with the Information Technology team’s strategic goals.
• Collaborate with Information Technology team members and cross functional groups throughout the organization to manage projects, ensuring they meet the needs of our stakeholders. Includes delegation and oversight of responsibilities to other Information Technology team members.
• Develop and provide information, maintaining Information Technology internal team dashboards and reporting.
• Coordinate Information Technology training needs within the Schusterman organization.
• Supervise (future) PMO team Project Manager, IT and Business Analyst, IT positions.
• Provided ongoing Information Technology support as needed.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• At least 10 years of practical experience in providing technical project management for complex Information Technology and business process development projects, including project portfolio tracking and full project life cycle facilitation required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification a plus.
• Deep understanding of various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile development is required.
• Excellent writing skills required: experience capturing, documenting & illustrating complex functional and technical requirements required.
• Expertise in leading a project team through the design process with both technical and business partners required.
• Deep familiarity and comfort with using a range of Information Technology tools for collaboration, project management, documentation and illustration required.
• Experience in management of individuals who serve as project managers or business analysts on a project team required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence matrixed project team members and provide coaching and guidance to successfully execute projects in an organization required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships with supervisory personnel, stakeholders and team co-workers required.
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex issues and language for diverse audiences and platforms required.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
• High degree of knowledge and familiarity within philanthropy and/or nonprofit sectors preferred.
• Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
Competitive salary band of $120,000+ based on experience and Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman encourages ongoing professional development and supports activities aligned with one’s individual career growth plan. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.