WHO WE ARE
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and reduce inequity. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities. www.schusterman.org
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) is a member of the Human Resources team in Tulsa OK and this position is based in Schusterman’s Washington DC, office. The Sr. HRBP reports to the Director, Human Resources and will be responsible for collaborating with management in developing and executing recruitment plans, talent sourcing strategies, career pathing, and employee development programs and training. The Sr. HRBP will also collaborate with the internal legal department, outside counsel and management in the development, compliance, rollout and training of HR policies and procedures.
- Supports hiring managers by establishing and executing a recruiting and interviewing program, counseling them on candidate selection and overseeing the entire process.
- Provides guidance to hiring managers in creating a job kit for open positions, which includes the job description, performance task, scorecards, timeline and who will be part of the interview process.
- Uses recruiting intelligence and develop a network to most effectively source candidates.
- Oversees all stages of the search process by managing the steps within Greenhouse applicant tracking system, regularly communicating status to hiring managers and making adjustments as appropriate.
- Consults with hiring managers on qualified candidates to ensure prioritization.
- Conducts initial phone interviews, assessing which candidates should be moved on to the next stage of the process and which ones should be removed from the pipeline.
- Acts as a point contact and builds influential candidate relationships during the recruitment process.
- Promotes Schusterman as an excellent place to work.
- Conducts exit interviews and conveys trends to leadership.
- Consults with outside employment counsel in our various office locations to ensure our employment practices and HR policies remain compliant and that any newly contemplated practices and policies consider state/local as well as federal regulations.
- Recommends and coordinates training related to HR policies, including engaging outside resources, reviewing their contracts with legal, managing contract changes, reviewing presentations and providing feedback, organizing the training internally and following up as appropriate.
- Recommends employee continued development training based on performance reviews and development plans.
- Provides guidance to management on HR policies and latest compliance updates.
- Develops and maintains career paths for specific job families in conjunction with management that are aligned with Schusterman’s career framework.
- Assists with special projects, as requested.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field is required.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated success as a Human Resources recruiter required.
- At least 5 years of experience in Human Resources required.
- Experience using Greenhouse applicant tracking system preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with co-workers, colleagues, and candidates, required.
- Experience with UltiPro HRIS preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including recruiting, employee relations, compensation, federal and state employment laws, policies and procedures required.
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and its application in search management required.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential information and to maintain complete confidentiality required.
- Proven skill, comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking and efficiently delivering high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong analytic skills and attention to detail required.
- A high degree of flexibility in order to achieve organizational objectives required.
- An ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately, especially those requiring Schusterman employees to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with regard to business and personal matters of Schusterman, its trustees and its officers required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to employees and the public required.
- An ability to work independently and handle a strong workload with a high level of accuracy required.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel required.
Competitive salary based on experience and on Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman does not cover relocation expense for this position.
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.