WHO WE ARE
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and advance equity. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities. www.schusterman.org
The Graphics Designer (GD) is a member of the Communications team, which is based in either Schusterman’s Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC offices The GD will play a lead role in evolving Schusterman’s design strategy, conceptualizing and delivering effective, cutting-edge visual communications that supports Schusterman’s work and mission. The GD will work with teams across the organization to develop brand-aligned print and digital assets and will also help manage relationships with external design and web firms to ensure brand consistency.
• Lead efforts to integrate strong brand-aligned design across all aspects of Schusterman’s work.
• Effectively communicate the importance of strong design to staff throughout the organization.
• Produce and edit clean, eye-catching designs for print and digital collateral, including high-impact, brand-consistent static and motion graphics to be used for emails, social media and other marketing collateral.
• Create user-friendly designs in multiple formats, including PDF, presentation decks, data visualizations and infographics.
• Design and produce products in compliance with standards for accessibility.
• Consult with teams on how visual communications can best support portfolio and program goals and participate in brainstorms and developing creative concepts.
• Work with external design firm and website firm to maintain clear brand standards and manage brand assets, including logos, imagery and business collateral.
• Manage requests from all departments and manage flow of work to meet deadlines.
• A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a similar field is required.
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience designing print and digital assets required.
• Demonstrated ability to distill complex issues and language into compelling designs required.
• Extensive experience developing and executing designs for multi-channel communications strategies required.
• Expertise in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required.
• Proficiency in UX/UI and data visualization preferred.
• Thorough understanding of best practices and trends in design required, especially for web, email and social required.
• Strong knowledge of typography, color and production required.
• Highly organized and able to manage projects with multiple stakeholders required.
• Ability to absorb and apply constructive feedback from peers and teams required.
• Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion required.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public required.
• PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of general web skills required. Familiarity with Marketing Cloud is a plus.
• Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
Competitive salary based on experience and on Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.