WHO WE ARE
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and advance equity. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities. www.schusterman.org
The Program Associate (PA) is a member of the REALITY team and is based in Schusterman’s Atlanta, GA office. The PA will work to ensure alumni programming is effective and efficient by working with the alumni hub leaders to develop program content, and recruit alumni to participate in REALITY offerings. The PA will also be responsible for micro grant management by preparing and managing the grant application and selection process. The PA will serve as a liaison to REALITY partners as well other Schusterman departments and teams to ensure seamless integration of functional support and collaborative processes.
- Serve as liaison with hub leaders to plan and implement hub programs. Create a weekly report on hub activities, coordinate monthly zoom calls with hub leaders and enter all hub activities into Salesforce.
- Facilitate the process of hub leaders applying for hub grants and managing their hub budgets, calendars, and engagement of alumni in their hub community.
- Lead annual hub training and leadership programs during REALITY immersive experiences.
- Steer the application and selection process for micro grants to REALITY alumni. Facilitate the online processing of micro grants, micro grant documentation, report and payments.
- Assist the REALITY team with drafting and facilitating approval of REALITY partner Letters of Agreement (LOA), maintaining final LOA agreements, preparing and sending monthly reports of such LOA’s.
- Serve as a liaison to national and local partnerships to source program content for the REALITY community for shabbat dinners and Jewish holiday experiences.
- Lead the REALITY journey recruitment readers process. Develop and update readers process instructions, assigns alumni to read applications, and documents all findings.
- Administer annual recruitment and readers process survey, collect and report on key findings.
- Assist the REALITY team by performing due diligence and research on various programmatic proposals.
- Act as the REALITY team “historian” for select projects, documenting meeting notes and outcomes and storing final versions of program materials
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience required working within the philanthropic and/or non-profit sector required.
- Knowledge of Jewish community and familiarity with local, national and international non-profit and/or Jewish organizations organization strongly preferred.
- Understanding of philanthropy and community dynamics, including experience with alumni community organizing and engagement, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative and effective working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, colleagues, grantees, partners, and the general public required.
- Analytical and research abilities necessary to use data to make strategic decisions required.
- Proven skill and comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking and efficiently delivering high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and a strong attention to detail required.
- A high degree of flexibility in order to achieve organizational objectives required.
- An ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately, especially those requiring Schusterman employees to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with regard to business and personal matters of Schusterman, its trustees and its officers required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public required.
- An ability to work independently and to handle a high workload with resiliency and a sense of humor required.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of basic web skills required. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally upon occasion, required.
Competitive salary based on experience and on Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.