The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and advance equity. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities.
Based in Schusterman’s Washington, DC office, the Assistant, Events and Convenings (Assistant) will work with the Manager, Events and Convenings to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency by providing event support to Schusterman’s program and grantmaking teams. The Events team manages and produces over 30 major high quality events and convenings each year across Schusterman’s priorities. The Assistant will also ensure the DC office meeting spaces are maintained to a high standard, as well as provide general administrative support to the DC and broader Schusterman team.
- Assist the Manager, Events and Convenings with tasks related to the logistical planning and execution of US events and convenings;
- Manage events inventory and order events supplies and promotional materials;
- Assist in organizing venue facilities and amenities offered onsite at events;
- Draft registration and intake forms and post-convening surveys for program use, using Form Assembly;
- Set up, manage and breakdown DC meeting spaces;
- Draft events vendor contract agreements and expense reports for review and approval;
- Support the Communications team efforts in event-related emails and social media;
- Process program participant reimbursements, including drafting travel guidelines and initial review of reimbursement requests;
- Use Salesforce to create and manage reports and lists for events and gatherings;
- Support the Schusterman team to create the optimal attendee experience, including onsite support to address any attendee concerns, check-in and troubleshooting;
- Manage the packing, shipping and unpacking of event materials for each program; and
- Carry out office work including but not limited to follow-up inquiries, data entry, and assistance with correspondence and event files.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgement and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, grantees, program participants and the general public required.
- A high degree of flexibility in order to achieve organizational objectives
- An ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures clearly and accurately, especially those requiring Schusterman employees to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with regard to business and personal matters of Schusterman, its trustees and its officers
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver a high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment required.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and a strong attention to detail
- Analytical and research abilities necessary to use data to assist with development of strategic decisions
- PC skills (with proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge of: (a) modern office practices and procedures; (b) the use of office machines and equipment; and (c) basic web skills and comfort Experience with Salesforce and Expensify a plus.
- Ability to work occasional weekends, nights or modified hours as needed to support programs and events.
- Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
Competitive salary based on experience and on Schusterman’s commitment to internal equity. A strong benefits package is also included. Schusterman does not cover relocation expenses for this position.
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.