Why We Exist
Every morning, 11,000 Americans wake up and begin their first day of retirement. While retirement should be an exciting, empowering, and fulfilling part of one’s life, the reality today is that retirement brings along with it a fundamentally new set of challenges that make it an overwhelming time for many.
At Chapter, we believe that the current infrastructure for retirement is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it. We’ve started by building industry leading technology to solve the first major obstacle in retirement: navigating Medicare (healthcare coverage for retirees over 65). Our products help seniors sign up, choose an insurance plan, and leverage their plan after they are enrolled. And, unlike most Medicare advisors who only search plans that pay them, Chapter searches every Medicare option nationwide. This allows us to find savings and benefits that others miss.
But our ambition doesn’t stop with Medicare — we seek to transform the way that Americans navigate and experience retirement. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to speak with you.
Chapter’s Internship Program
Chapter is a venture backed startup that is changing the way that Americans retire and utilize healthcare. Joining a fast-growth startup with extreme growth ambitions can be intimidating but extremely rewarding and life-changing when given the right opportunity. Chapter’s internship program is a semester-long program where you will be challenged and empowered to bring your own unique super powers to the table. We expect everyone – including our interns – to contribute ideas and feedback that will have a long term impact on the company.
About The Role:
As a Growth Strategy Intern, you will work closely with the Chapter’s growth and senior leadership teams as they seek to continue their 300%+ year-over-year trajectory. This role involves researching potential partners, designing outreach strategy, and conducting conversations with leading executives from some of the largest and most impactful companies in the United States across healthcare, financial services, media, and other verticals.
What you can expect from this role:
- A fast paced environment with significant learning opportunities and work that tie directly to outcomes tracked at the executive team and board level.
- The ability to take ownership over a critical growth lever for the company
- The ability to develop core leadership skills (sales, storytelling, recruiting) that are normally reserved for professionals multiple years into their careers.
How You'll Contribute To Our Mission:
Immediate Role Responsibilities: Outreach & Growth Strategy
Company Research: Online and conversational research on the most promising potential partners that Chapter does not currently serve.
- Outreach Execution: New outreach (emails, calls, newsletters…etc.) to executives, introducing Chapter and finding time to speak.
- Innovation & Strategy: Ownership over new growth ideas (conferences, events, outreach strategies
- Autonomous Pipeline Management: Management of a pipeline of potential new partners, including calls, meeting participation, and on-going engagement.
- Cross-Team Innovation & Strategy: Inclusion in strategy meetings, both within growth efforts and across the company.
Hunger: You have a track record of setting ambitious goals and maintaining a high bar for quality across all endeavors, putting in the work required in their pursuit, and consistently achieving across all facets of life.
Desire to Grow: You are career ambitious and motivated to learn. You are excited by the prospect of mentorship and investment from a talented team and willing to develop critical skills to be successful in entrepreneurial environments.
Ownership without ego: You lead without ego. You are someone who excels in a team environment, treats everyone well, and looks for opportunities to add value both within and beyond the scope of their role.
Chapter Offers All Employees the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Dedicated training and mentorship from senior growth leaders
- Competitive salary with flexibility to accommodate school schedule
- In-office lunch on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays, and a stocked office pantry
- A beautiful NYC office in Greenwich Village
Chapter embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Chapter will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.