Why We Exist
Every morning, 11,000 Americans wake up and begin their first day of retirement. While retirement should be an exciting, empowering, and fulfilling part of one’s life, the reality today is that retirement brings along with it a fundamentally new set of challenges that make it an overwhelming time for many.
At Chapter, we believe that the current infrastructure for retirement is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it. We’ve started by building industry leading technology to solve the first major obstacle in retirement: navigating Medicare (healthcare coverage for retirees over 65). Our products help seniors sign up, choose an insurance plan, and leverage their plan after they are enrolled. And, unlike most Medicare advisors who only search plans that pay them, Chapter searches every Medicare option nationwide. This allows us to find savings and benefits that others miss.
But our ambition doesn’t stop with Medicare — we seek to transform the way that Americans navigate and experience retirement. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to speak with you.
About the Role:
Chapter has built industry-leading, proprietary technology to fulfill a simple promise: Help retirees find the best health insurance to meet their needs while reducing what they pay for it.
The Role: (Sr.) Manager - Member Success and Growth
Chapter is best in class in our ability to support our members (Medicare policy holders that enroll in an insurance plan through Chapter) and retain these members over time. Critical to this work, is our Member Success and Growth team - our team of internal advocates that help Chapter policy holders navigate their coverage, address any issues they have, and enable members to benefit from the broad range of additional support offerings Chapter provides.
We’re looking for a Member Success and Growth Manager, reporting into our Head of Member Success and Growth, to enable our Member Advocates to provide high-touch support to Chapter members throughout their journey after enrolling in a Medicare plan through Chapter. You’ll work with Product and Operations leadership to continue to improve our member post-enrollment experience and the team’s efficiency via process and product improvements over time.
What You’ll Do
- Define Member Success team productivity and performance KPIs aligned to clear business outcomes
- Support and enable our Advocate team through role-modeling, coaching, feedback sessions, trainings, and reviews - track, manage, and support the performance of the Member Success team in working towards KPIs
- Actively support the career development of your team, hire and retain top talent
- Act as the subject matter-expert and final back-stop for handling member escalations from your team
Operations, Systemization, and Scale
- Actively manage an internal ticketing system and (with your team) identify patterns of Chapter member inquiries to uncover underlying issues and systematic ways to address these
- Synthesize best practices into playbooks, scripts, and training materials for your team on how to best support Chapter members
- Continuously identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and scale how we support Chapter members
Overall Member Experience and Journey Continuous Improvement
- Collaborate closely with our internal Medicare Advisory and Enrollments team to ensure a seamless transition for members who become new policy holders to long term active Chapter members
- Act as an important voice in conveying member feedback and needs to inform Chapter product improvements at every stage of the journey
- Devise and operationalize experiments aimed at improving how we support and drive value for members throughout their journey with Chapter
- 4+ years in Care Navigation or Customer Support roles in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- 2+ years of experience in managing and growing a Customer Support or Care Navigation team
- Excellent management skills, with an ability to empower employees and developing high performing teams
- Strong organization, detail orientation, and bias to action - with an ability to actively track performance over time and rapidly implement processes to improve performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to Chapter members, to your team, and to leaders in other parts of the organization at Chapter
- Strong critical thinking skills - with an ability diagnose and synthesize patterns in customer needs to inform product and operational improvements throughout Chapter
- Experience at a high-growth (health-) tech company
Chapter Offers All Employees the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO, a winter break shutdown, and paid holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- $500 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique home office
- $100/month health and wellness subsidy
- Benefit from our partnerships with Spring Health (mental health support), Rightway (care navigation), and OneMedical (concierge medicine) to prioritize your well-being.
- In-office lunch on Tuesdays/Thursdays, and a stocked office pantry
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- A beautiful NYC (SoHo/West Village area) office and a hybrid in-office policy — dogs welcome!
Chapter embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Chapter will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.