ChaosSearch is a well-funded fast growing startup that provides organizations with fast and easy access to their data in the cloud. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, with secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
ChaosSearch is in search of a Site Reliability Engineer who will serve as the key technical contact for one of our high-profile clients headquartered in Atlanta, GA (remotely for now, but eventually--assuming the pandemic ever ends--in a hybrid onsite and remote capacity). In this role, you will work with one of our key customers, helping to anticipate and resolve any potential issues, while also identifying areas of opportunity, and acting as a subject matter expert for the cloud-based (AWS and Google Cloud) data management and analytics offerings that they've purchased from us.
You’ll collaborate closely with our Boston-based devops, engineering and customer success teams who have already succeeded in creating something truly extraordinary using our patented technology that allows for entirely new way of working with data in the cloud. ChaosSearch’s team is made up of people who love working on interesting and at times very challenging problems. So if you have a passion for the cloud, distributed systems, databases, computer science, and of course delighting our customers, we’re looking forward to working with you!
- Serve as a dedicated advisor, embedded with our customer.
- Help our customer get the most out of our products and services.
- Manage updates and releases of new code.
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Implement ways to automate and improve development processes.
- Advise our software engineers to help ensure that development and processes work as intended.
- Review software scripts and look for ways to improve automation.
- Research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services.
- Lead interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
- Write solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Collaborate with our Solutions and Customer teams to ensure that customer needs are supported at all stages of the life cycle.
- Interface with our platform team to develop new requirements and enhancements to existing products and services.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external management to understand customer needs, maximize customer satisfaction, retention, growth, and shared learning.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer or Solutions Architect.
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience working with a range of software tools.
- Experience with the the following:
- Container concepts (Docker)
- Cloud technology (AWS, GCP)
- Deployment automation and orchestration
- CI/CD tools and techniques
- Source control
- Open Source (Terraform)
- Proficient with at least one programming language such as Python or Java (for automation and/or integration with APIs).
- Breadth of knowledge using a variety of tools and techniques in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release.
- Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
Pluses if you have or you’re willing to learn:
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
ChaosSearch is rethinking the ways organizations access their data in the cloud. Our modern stream-lined approach is significantly simpler, faster and way more cost-effective than the way most companies still work with data in the cloud, often relying on concepts and storage/database methodologies for a half-century ago!. Headquartered in Boston, we pride ourselves in a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a voice. We provide excellent benefits, competitive compensation packages, along with opportunities for career growth, and a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a “we culture”. We’re a team building an amazing, successful product and company and hope you'll consider joining us!
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits that we offer:
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance to keep you and your family healthy.
- Pre-tax savings plans for retirement, health care, and commuter expenses.
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits and life insurance.
- Flexibility to work from home as needed.
- 13 paid holidays and unlimited vacation.
We are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. So whoever you are and however you identify, if this role sounds like one that would make you excited to come to work each day, then please apply!