ChaosSearch is a well-funded startup that signed a new $40M round of funding in late 2020. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
We're in search of developers who have experience delivering solutions running on JVM. If you have experience coding in Scala--or are willing to learn, then we can offer you an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing cloud-native technology company and make a real impact!
You’ll work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists who are creating something truly extraordinary using already patented technology. Ideal candidates are people who love working on wonderfully interesting and--yes: hard problems! If you have a passion for cloud, distributed systems, databases, computer science, as well as delighting customers, we would love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting our highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and Test environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create and the code you write.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS analytics business, become an expert in Cloud Computing, and learn and work with technologies such as Java/Scala/Ruby.
- Develop and foster a DevOps mentality (or experience) taking full ownership for your features from inception to deployment and beyond, automating as much as possible along the way.
- Although your focus will be on the middle-tier and backend, you should still be capable of contributing as a full stack developer, as well as helping to mentor more junior developers.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- Contribute to relevant open-source projects.
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Strong programming knowledge: you can thrive in a polyglot environment. An understanding of team and individual goals; motivation to accomplish them.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both teach and be taught--if you’re interested in learning, we’re interested in teaching you!
- Affection for true agile development delivery and understanding of its importance in creating the most effective products possible.
Pluses if you have or are willing to learn:
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Headquartered in Boston, our main office is conveniently located directly across from TD Garden -- a short walk from North Station and the Orange Line. In addition to excellent benefits, we offer a competitive compensation, career growth, and a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a “we culture”--diverse, inclusive and open to fun! We have an awesome team that is building an amazing, successful product. Whoever you are and however you identify, we would love to hear from you. If this sounds like a role and a team that you'd be excited to join, please apply!