ChaosSearch is a fast growing startup that was recently voted "Most Likely To Be the Next Boston Unicorn." Our mission is to provide every organization with fast, cost-effective and easy access to their data in the cloud. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine replaces tools such as ElasticSearch to provide instant elasticity and unlimited scale, with secure data access and pricing for Log and BI analytics that is truly disruptive!
ChaosSearch is looking for a dedicated and effective Technical Project Manager who can help us manage and build products used by our customers for big data analytics, and cloud-based data management. We're growing rapidly, and this role will provide you the opportunity to grow and make a big impact; working on a variety of exciting initiatives, including:
- UI/UX design and development
- Log Analytics and Data Management
- Machine Learning (ML) Analytics
- Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics
- Tools for Multi-Cloud / Deployments (SaaS, Embedded, Customer VPC)
Based on your interest, this role could potentially morph into that of a product manager, although for now, we’re really looking for candidates who have project management experience, and can handle the following:
- Work with our Product Directors to define project requirements and deliverables.
- Review project plans, resource requirements, and implement vision.
- Plan, direct and coordinate project activities to ensure deliverables, timelines are met with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and manage project plans encompassing development, product customization and software releases.
- Manage project engagement including planning, stakeholder relationships, communications, and related project deliverables.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine project scope and gather requirements.
- Proactively identify product needs and provide solutions.
- Create a product roadmap and help define new features.
- Assign and oversee software development and design tasks.
- Hold regular client team meetings to manage progress and address challenges.
- Ensure that we're actively working toward established milestones.
- Monitor development and provide status updates on progress.
- Review software scripts and look for ways to improve automation.
- Prioritize development tickets, internally and externally.
- Take product definition and create timelines and tasks.
- Derive product timelines based on product specifications.
- Transform product specifications into scheduled/resources gantt charts.
- Gantt chart(s) into weekly agile sprints in quarterly segments.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology or related management field (a degree in Computer Science would be a plus)
- 3-5 years of project management experience with understanding of both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience working with databases, big data analytics, and cloud-based SaaS products.
- Understanding of public cloud platforms, such as AWS, GCP, and Azure, with strong focus on AWS storage, data and analytics.
- Passion for software-as-a-service.
- Solid communication and relationship-building skills; able to work cross-functionally with various stakeholders
- Startup experience; or should at least be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project management and reporting tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Well-organized, detail oriented and accountable.
- Able to quickly diagnose and fix workflow problems, while always looking for ways to improve.
- Ability to quickly synthesize discussions and conversations into detailed meeting notes
- Ability to set agendas and communicate clear expectations
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in sometimes ambiguous/unstructured situations.
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-evolving environment.
- Passion for software-as-a-service & marketing analytics
Headquartered in Boston, we're conveniently located across the street from TD Garden -- a short walk from North Station and the Orange Line. Besides excellent benefits (80% paid health and dental), we offer a competitive compensation package, career growth, and the flexibility to work from home or in our new office. We’re continuing to build an amazing team, with a successful product that customers love!
We describe our culture as a “we culture.” We're committed to creating and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. Whatever your background or however you identify, if this sounds like a role you're excited about, please apply!