QA Automation Engineer
ChaosSearch is a well-funded startup that signed a new $40M round of funding in late 2020. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
Last year was a record breaking year for ChaosSearch. We tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round. We are building on this success and adding to our team in 2021. The time to join couldn’t be better.
Do you have a passion for the craft of software development, and want to work at a rapidly growing, agile, and cloud-native technology company that is devoted to customer engagement and innovation?
You’ll work with a team of startup entrepreneurs and technologists with a mission to create something extraordinary through patented technology. ChaosSearch is looking for people who love working on wonderfully interesting and yes hard problems.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals
- Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create and the code you write
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS analytics business, become an expert in Cloud Computing, and learn and work with technologies such as Java/Scala
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them
- Contribute to relevant open-source projects
- 4+ years software development experience
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both teach and be taught
- An understanding of team and individual goals; motivation to accomplish them
- Affection for true agile development delivery and understanding of its importance in creating the most effective products
Pluses if you have or you're willing to learn
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Headquartered in Boston, we are conveniently located across the street from TD Garden -- a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line. Besides excellent benefits, we offer a competitive compensation package, career growth, and a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a “we culture”. We’re a team building an amazing, successful product and company.
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.