ChaosSearch is a well-funded startup that recently signed a $40M B-round of funding. Our mission is to enable every organization with fast and easy access to their data in the cloud. Our all-new Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, with secure data access and disruptive pricing for both Log and BI analytics. We are building on this success and adding to our team in 2021. The time to join couldn’t be better.
If you have a passion for software development, and would like to join a highly innovative, rapidly growing, agile, customer-focused company working on all new cloud-native technology then we would love to hear from you.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of startup entrepreneurs and technologists who feel driven to create something truly extraordinary using our patented technology. ChaosSearch is looking for people who love working on wonderfully interesting and yes: sometimes very hard problems. So, if you have a passion for working with data in the cloud, database internals, distributed systems, computer science, and of course customers, please apply!
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and Test environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over QUALITY in the products you create and the code you write.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS analytics business, becoming an expert in Cloud Computing, while learning and working with technologies such as Java/Scala/Ruby.
- Develop and foster a DevOps mindset, taking full ownership of features from inception to deployment and beyond, automating as much as possible along the way.
- Although you will be specializing in middle-tier and backend, you should still be capable of contributing as a full stack developer.
- You will also get to contribute to relevant open-source projects while continuing to advance your technical, interpersonal and leadership skills in an environment that will provide many opportunities to expand them.
- 3+ years of hands-on real-world software development experience
- A desire to work in an environment where you'll have opportunities to teach as well as learn
- An understanding of team and individual goals; with the motivation to accomplish them
- Strong programming knowledge: you could or have thrived in a polyglot environment.
- If you're interested in learning, we’re interested in teaching you.
- Affection for truly agile development and an appreciation of its importance in creating the most effective products.
Pluses if you have (or are willing to learn):
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture, preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Headquartered in Boston, we're conveniently located across the street from TD Garden -- a short walk from North Station and the Orange Line. Besides excellent benefits, we offer a competitive compensation package, career growth, and the flexibility of a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a “we culture”. We’re a team building an amazing, successful product and company and looking to hire people whose goals can align with that.
At ChaosSearch, we're also committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. So no matter how you identify, and whatever background you come from, please apply if this sounds like a role and a company you would be excited to come to work for.