We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them everyday. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative sees technology as a difference when it comes to the impact we can have as a philanthropic organization. This means that security is paramount to our ability to have meaningful impact as our education, science, and justice & opportunity teams move our initiatives forward. The Infrastructure organization works on building shared tools and platforms to be used across all of CZI and a person in this role will build security solutions and help to cultivate a culture of shared best practices and knowledge around security. Members of the shared infrastructure engineering team have an impact on all of CZI's initiatives by enabling the technology solutions used by other engineering teams at CZI to scale.
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives across multiple engineering teams
- Design and build critical pieces of security-focused infrastructure and systems
- Work across engineering teams to help architect and implement solutions that are inherently secure
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Relevant coding experience
- Experience securing applications deployed within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with a common language such as C++, Go, Java, Python, or PHP
ABOUT THE CHAN ZUCKERBERG INITIATIVE
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook and Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world-class engineering, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.