Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
CZI also supports multiple work options. Learn more about our philosophy and approach here.
By pairing engineers with leaders in our education and science teams, we can bring technology to the table in new ways to help drive solutions. We are uniquely positioned to craft, build, and scale software systems to help educators and scientists better address the myriad challenges they face. Our technology team is already helping schools bring personalized learning tools to teachers and schools across the country and supporting scientists around the world as they work to advance biomedicine.
As a member of the Infrastructure Security team, you will join other Information Security teams in driving down risk across all of CZI. Infrastructure Security has in its purview both shared infrastructure and all of the product-specific infrastructures across CZI. This team builds paved road solutions to ensure secure defaults, helps teams better understand and address their risks, and contributes to CZI’s overall security culture.
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives across multiple engineering teams
- Design and build critical pieces of security-focused infrastructure and systems
- Work across engineering teams to help architect and implement solutions that are inherently secure
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Find opportunities for infrastructure security to collaborate with other teams to integrate and adopt security standard methodologies across CZI
- A strong desire to build cleverly engineered security solutions
- Experience securing applications deployed within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with a programming language such as Java, Ruby, Go, or Python
- Consistent track record working on mitigating infrastructure security risks
- Proven experience building security infrastructure tools and products
- Built and championed security engineering best practices