Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We're looking for an individual who is passionate about partnering with engineering, TPMs, leaders and security teams in evaluating, supporting and managing IT, Infra and Security risks for our grantees. In this role, you will be responsible for managing an IT, Infra and Security program for our Grantees and Partnership initiatives. You'll be part consultant, part expert, and part program manager, finding the perfect balance to support the grantees and partnerships.
- Manage, support, identify and help drive IT, Infra and Security support practices for our Grantees and Partnerships
- Partner closely with engineers, TPMs, leaders and others from CZI's technology teams to evaluate, build flexible and robust IT, Infra and Security Support programs that continuously evaluate, track, and manage risks for our Grantees and Partnerships
- Serve as a champion and consultant for IT, Infra and Security Support
- Drive Infra and IT initiatives which cut across CZI and it's partner organizations
- Identify common security issues that can be addressed by shared infrastructure components and partner with others within the Infrastructure organization to build and ship them
- Develop and deliver training, resources and playbooks
- Support, drive and triage incident response
- Technical project or program management experience
- Experience working on IT, Infra and Security teams and/or initiatives
- Organized, methodical and detail oriented, with superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead via influence, in cross-functional environments
- Excellent communication skills, in particular communicating technical concepts between audiences of varying backgrounds
- Demonstrated willingness to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to achieve the team's end goals