Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
This position is responsible for leading the CZI People function and strategy; advancing programs in Employee Engagement & Experience, Organisational Design, Learning & Development, Recruiting, Performance Management, Onboarding, Total Rewards and Retention.
- Deliver inspirational leadership and management to the multi-faceted People team, as well as broader leadership to the entire organization.
- Be a steward of the CZI Values and the employee experience, building and orchestrating People function strategies and operations to effectively recruit, manage and care for employees.
- Advance performance management and career development at CZI by promoting an inclusive culture that rewards, celebrates and encourages high performance throughout the organization.
- Architect and implement all aspects of People Operations infrastructure, systems and policies, leveraging trends, technology and analytics towards creating strong and innovative People practices that scale with the organisation through its continued growth
- Set organisational direction as a strategic leader, trusted partner and culture carrier, embodying and fostering an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion through well-developed leadership, communications, team building and influencing skills.
- +18 years broad ranging People function expertise, with a strong grasp of Recruiting, employee engagement, business partnership, performance management, onboarding, Total Rewards, retention, cultural advancement and Learning & Development.
- +8 years proven experience building, managing and developing respected and effective large People Teams
- A consistent record of being a strategic, operationally strong and empathetic People function leader in a variety of environments and industries, experience inclusive of Philanthropy and/or Technology is a plus!
- Fluency in DEI concepts, with the ability to influence and inspire followership, and leading teams and employees in growing and complex organizations, aligning the people strategy with the organizational goals.
- Creatively and effectively managed the change associated with growth, and leading the necessary development of People strategies, processes and systems as an organisation scales
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational development, clarifying common goals among diverse groups of partners, gaining consensus on an overall approach, and building a collaborative environment in which results are achieved and celebrated.