Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is a small high energy team providing finance partnership to leaders across all CZI initiatives and functions. We provide analysis to support strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues, and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and measuring initiatives' performance. This is a great opportunity to build measurement metrics that enable executive leadership and their teams across our initiatives to prioritize projects and identify investment and partnership opportunities driving positive impact.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with outstanding analytical skills to join us as a Finance Manager. This individual will be self-motivated, experienced, and highly analytical. The person in this role will lead forecasting and performance measurements processes, and provide analytical/modeling support to executive leadership and their teams across our initiatives.
- Build strong business partnerships with leaders of all levels and functions within several Central initiative groups
- Drive financial planning processes related to headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning
- Partner with initiative teams to build measurement metrics for each technology, project, grant, or investment to help drive decisioning around prioritization, go-to-market planning and/or resourcing level; measure and track actual results against plan
- Build the financial planning processes and tools, as well as identify and drive new relevant company-level metrics
- Participate in cross functional company task forces on various projects including system implementation, monthly operating reviews, and annual result reporting
- 6+ years of dynamic experience in an FP&A role within a public company or growth-stage start-up
- Outstanding financial, analytical, modeling, and problem-solving skills
- Strong results orientation and bias to action. Desire to build for scale using technology solutions. Willingness to ask the tough questions and challenge the status quo
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop
- Superior relationship-building and influence leadership skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, business partners
- Ability to work in a complex environment and juggle ambitious priorities