Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Business Systems team builds and maintains application infrastructure that supports CZI's work across initiatives and functional areas. We work closely with People, Recruiting, Finance, Grants, Legal, and Communications to empower their work with effective systems and processes. We are seeking an Email Campaign Manager to support the Brand and Communications and Central Operations teams.
This role will be responsible for crafting, building, integrating, and maintaining systems used across the organization, playing a meaningful role in enabling CZI to increasingly scale engagement and successfully deliver on our shared strategic goals across the initiatives within Education, Justice & Opportunity, and Science. The Email Campaign Manager will craft and implement wide-reaching solutions to effectively deliver a measured increase in partner engagement across the Education, Justice & Opportunity and Science initiatives. We share a common goal to use technology-based, community-driven solutions and teamwork to accelerate progress. The solutions we construct require careful consideration, with a keen focus on end-user needs, cost, security, reliability, and interoperability!
One of the primary functions will be working as the system administrator for email and marketing automation systems, helping to operate, improve, and expand email and marketing systems at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. This person will provide end-to-end support for email systems used across the business, and work as a strategic partner, guiding stakeholders through their email campaigns. A critical component of this role is developing deep relationships across CZI, seeking a deep understanding of the various business units and their audiences. Through internal relationship building and strategic counsel, the successful candidate will partner collaboratively with our internal partner teams to ensure that the right message goes to the right audience, at the right time.
- Develop systems to drive increased engagement, establish relationships, and deliver org-wide impact through powerful email campaigns focused on successfully executing business needs through the implementation of cost-effective, secure, scalable solutions.
- Provide strategic direction for our initiatives in handling their email communications. You will partner closely with teams leading grantee communications to help build an extraordinary experience for our grantees.
- Develop relationships with partners across the CZI to better understand their communication needs and provide strategic recommendations for their efforts.
- Design and implement communications systems for various groups across the company emphasizing scalability, security, and legal compliance.
- Support the Brand and Communications team and grantmaking teams to craft and send email communications. Your focus will be to build a scalable, increasingly self-service system for end-users by building templates, maintaining lists, and performing quality control on all outgoing communications.
- Be the main administrator for marketing automation tools, handling user provisioning, systems/automation design, web-embedded forms, database administration. data loads, integrations, and assessing and implementing upgrades.
- Provide end-user support and issue resolution to improve and optimize marketing systems.
- Be the primary postmaster for outgoing communications at CZI. This includes assessing, cleansing, and maintaining database quality, supervising domain health, ensuring high deliverability rates, and ensuring legal compliance. Assess, cleanse, and maintain data quality.
- Collaborate with product teams as a domain specialist in marketing systems, and assist them with their go-to-market communications, product email strategy, and systems design.
- Be the systems administrator for other applications in the Business Systems portfolio with an emphasis on email. This may include systems with a large email component, such as Zendesk or Calendly.
- Demonstrated ability to meet targeted timelines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and lead laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinking ability with strong, proactive problem-solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, especially communicating technical information to non-technical users
- A strong desire for customer service and process improvement
- A keen eye for big-picture cross-functional operational impact
- Proven project management experience
- Extensive experience building end-to-end email campaigns, from list management to email design to QA, A/B Testing, and delivery
- Considerable experience with contact database management
- Familiarity with Email domain management, Google Postmaster & MX Toolbox, Domain warming, DNS record management for email (SPF & MX records), CAN-SPAM compliance
- Experience with handling transactional email systems for products, common security measures, frameworks, or practices
- A good eye for design with a workable knowledge of graphics software (Adobe, Figma, etc). This is not a design role, but basic graphics knowledge will be vital in working with email and other marketing systems
- Certifications for the following are a plus:
- Hubspot Marketing Software, Hubspot Email Marketing, Hubspot Inbound Marketing
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Advanced Administrator, Salesforce Platform App Builder