Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are seeking a Diversity Program Manager & Sourcer to join our Recruiting team. In this role, you will translate broad organizational needs into impactful plans and programs, as well as directly develop candidate pipelines. Serving an important role in CZI’s Candidate Engagement team, you will engage with communities, institutions, employee resource groups and organizations to drive the engagement of a broad range of talent, with a particular focus on underrepresented groups.
In this role, you will be an ambassador for CZI’s talent brand internally and externally. You will be a key contributor to crafting CZI’s presence with partner organizations and help to ensure CZI is top of mind as an employer of choice across a wide range of talent communities. You will also build and maintain relationships with prospective candidates from a diversity of backgrounds, levels and job functions. In addition, this role will partner with sourcers and other partners to provide support and guidance on diversity initiatives.
- Design and execute Recruiting programs that attract and engage talent in a competitive market through a variety of strategies and creative programs, and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Help CZI build diverse teams which will ensure we can best support the communities we serve
- Forge external relationships as an ambassador for CZI and our values through your love of networking, with candidates, partners and organizations
- Formulate and deploy long term candidate generation and talent mapping strategies to proactively build talent pipelines in pursuit of organization wide objectives
- Be capable of creating the best out of ambiguity and leading others through change
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Excellent project management capabilities: you are able to lead multiple, sophisticated workstreams and prioritize projects concurrently
- High proficiency in DEI concepts, programs and initiatives, and experience in their application to build programmes that attracting and hire talent from under-represented background groups
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication with the ability to build positive relationships easily and with authenticity at all levels of the organization
- Experience in a broad set of Talent Engagement strategies such as passive engagement, talent mapping and event planning
- Experience building sourcing strategies that focus on attracting and hiring diverse talent
- Excellent research/sourcing skills with the ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill requisitions
- Deep alignment to CZI's mission to build a Future for Everyone!