Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Business Systems team is responsible for running the systems that power CZI’s IT infrastructure. As a System Administrator, you will work directly with CZI’s Operations team, including Grantmaking, Legal, Finance, as well as partnering with the Infrastructure team to deploy modern enterprise systems that drive the work behind our mission.
In particular, our team designs and supports the tooling that drives CZI’s grantmaking. As a System Administrator, you will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and securing these tools and systems.
- Partner closely with engineers, product managers, end users and others to design data models, user interfaces, business logic, and security for Salesforce applications.
- Perform administrative functions including configuration, data loads, integrations, and assess and implement upgrades.
- Provide end-user support and issue resolution to enhance and optimize Salesforce.
- Administer system security, including analyzing areas for improvement, risk assessments, and ensuring users are granted appropriate and approved access.
- Assess, cleanse, and maintain data quality using standard Salesforce functionality.
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to configure and test integrations between Salesforce and 3rd party solutions; Maintain and configure integrations with outside vendor partners
- 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator.
- The following Salesforce certifications, up to date:
- Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Advanced Administrator, Salesforce Platform App Builder
- Creative and analytical thinking ability with proactive problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially communicating technical information to non-technical users
- Experience with common security measures, frameworks, or practices.