Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a well-rounded and highly-flexible individual who is excited by the challenge of building and scaling a world-class technical support and service delivery team. This role is responsible for ensuring that everyone at CZI receives technical and non-technical support through outstanding customer service, thorough problem solving, and timeliness. To be successful, this person must show initiative, be motivated by technology and customer service, have great attention to detail and experience leading support teams driven by data.
- Provide technical leadership for a team of 5 to 10 people within a technical support environment including training, coaching and mentoring
- Utilize data and metrics to provide insight into how the team can improve support, call out areas and solutions for where we can increase performance and help drive a consistent employee experience across the organization
- Handle escalations and work closely with partner teams to identify areas for automation and process improvement, ultimately reducing resolution times
- Drive the implementation of and encourage automation where possible of desktop IT functions, including user and equipment provisioning, cloud services setup, contract maintenance and software licensing
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment having a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems, with security being the number one priority - without causing blockers or reduced productivity
- Collaborate on corporate wide initiatives as the IT support desk subject matter expertise
- Provide 24x7 on-call support within the team's rotation
- Experience working in a fast paced customer service environment, preferably within a technical organization
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting macOS and Windows platforms and mobile devices running Android and iOS mobile operating systems
- Experience with setup and configuration of end-user desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, printers, phones, cell phones, and peripherals
- Proven experience administering cloud based collaboration services such as AWS, Confluence, Google Suite, Jira, Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, and Workday
- Relevant experience managing a 5+ person team of technicians