Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Learning and Development designs, develops and delivers learning and development solutions, platforms and strategies to develop employee growth, expand capabilities and drive a culture of engagement. The team conducts comprehensive needs assessments of CZI’s training and development requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to come into CZI as we start to define and deliver the learning and development strategy! You will be collaborating with the organization and crafting opportunities for our employees to develop new skills and succeed. You will have a direct impact on our employees’ professional journey. This is a role for a creative problem solver with outstanding communication skills!
- Execute complicated needs assessments and analysis; crafts, curates, and delivers training programs; acquires participant feedback and evaluates program efficiency.
- Builds the Learning and Development campaigns to promote and encourage employees to continue to invest in themselves and their careers by enrolling in available courses, providing feedback, and applying the findings.
- Lead small project teams or participate on project-driven assessments, implementations, program development, and/or administration of programs and initiatives; may train others.
- Have sophisticated experience and proficiency in Learning and Development with the ability to translate theoretical knowledge into practical approaches involving research, analysis, conclusions, and the creation and execution of action plans as could be acquired through long-term higher education.
- Promote and encourages employees to continue to learn.
- Interact with internal and external peers, including third-party resources and partners, and management to share intricate information.
- Eight or more years of related professional experience in the sector or industry.
- A passion for working with technical professionals and educating others.
- The ability to seek opportunities to build constructive relationships, influence efficiently, and collaborative alignment with a diverse group of peers, professionals, and content partners to achieve business objectives.
- The ability to work on multiple projects in concert, both independently and as a member of the Learning and Development Team
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge and application of organizational development tools and practices change management tools and methods, and talent management principles and processes.