Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
This role will be responsible for helping to operate, improve, and expand Workday at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. This person will provide full back-end Workday support, including Business Process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, report writing, integration design & management, security administration and upgrade planning/testing.
By pairing engineers with leaders in our education, science, and justice and opportunity teams, we can bring technology to the table in new ways to help drive solutions. We are uniquely positioned to design, build, and scale software systems to help educators, scientists, and policy experts better address the myriad challenges they face.
Our Technology team is seeking a Workday Systems Administrator to operate, optimize, and expand our Workday Finance functionality, enabling our customers to focus on the org’s mission. In addition, we are looking to leverage Workday to automate manual processes, innovate, provide first class support for our business partners as well as enable scale.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Workday; Act as an internal consultant regarding system capabilities and represent Human Resources, Recruiting, and Payroll in design and modification efforts for continual system alignment with business objectives
- Manage the Production and numerous Sandbox environments and establish a well-controlled systems environment by defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Drive HR Data Quality; Regularly perform data audits and validation, and follow up with appropriate teams for corrections
- Perform Workday administrative functions including business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations, and upgrades
- Provide pre and post-launch end-user support, change management, issue resolution, testing, and training to enhance and optimize Workday processes
- Participate in the regular review of HCM and Payroll systems projects
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors to configure and test integrations between Workday and 3rd party solutions; Maintain and configure all integrations with outside vendor partners
- Support other HR related reporting tools such as Excel data models connecting to Workday
- Administer system security ensuring users are granted appropriate and approved access
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinking ability with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, proven ability to prioritize and deliver results on time
- A strong desire for customer service and process improvement
- Keen eye for big-picture cross-functional operational impact
- Demonstrated project management experience
- 5+ years experience as a functional admin on the Workday platform in Human Capital Management
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with HCM related domains (Core HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Reporting), Studio and Cloud Connect preferred
- Experience writing advanced, matrix and composite reports as well as creating complex calculated fields, calculations and custom objects
- Experience working with Workday APIs or EIBs