Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Corporate Systems team is responsible for configuring, maintaining, and securing the systems that power CZI’s IT infrastructure. As a System Administrator on the team, you will work multi-functionally within CZI’s Infrastructure team, and across the organization, to deploy modern enterprise systems that drive the work behind our mission.
This role falls under the Infrastructure & Security organization, which works on building shared tools and platforms used across all of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
- Coordinate CZI’s corporate IT systems in a modern, cloud-first environment
- Build integrations between systems to automate user provisioning and authentication
- Actively participate within our broader Infrastructure organization's server management engineering efforts including directly managing server infrastructure supporting corporate systems
- Use MDM tools for profile management, app deployment, and provisioning of devices in a cross-platform environment (macOS, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS)
- Partner with the Helpdesk and other teams to find creative solutions to system-wide issues
- Use data to ensure that our corporate systems remain patched and optimized
- Share knowledge by contributing to internal and user-facing documentation of corporate systems
- Participate in on-call rotations
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability working in the following areas:
- Leading and integrating SaaS-based IT infrastructure such as Okta, Duo, G Suite, Office 365, and Azure AD.
- Deploying and running Mobile Device Management systems such as Workspace ONE, Jamf, or Microsoft Endpoint Manager in a cross-platform environment (macOS, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS).
- Familiarity with scripting, automation, and/or API integration
- Proven track record of managing enterprise systems in AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, or Azure is a plus
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless experiences, and a pulse for the future of modern IT systems
- Demonstrated willingness to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to achieve the team's end goals