Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We believe in a future for everyone. As we engage directly in our communities, we must work from a shared place of trust. We know that our communities care deeply about how information is collected, used, and shared, and so do we. So when CZI builds products, supports grantees, makes venture investments, and purchases services from third-parties we consider their privacy and security and at every step of the process.
We’re seeking a Security Engineer for our Corporate Security team who will implement, execute, and maintain tooling for our Corporate Security program. The role will be passionate about delivering security projects while building relevant alerting use-cases, and ensuring that we protect critical information across a multitude of business systems (e.g. Salesforce and Workday), corporate systems (e.g. G Suite and Slack), and foundational IT infrastructure (e.g. device management and authentication). We’ve set out to build an outstanding corporate security program by closely partnering our engineering, security, and IT teams together rather than relying on traditional enterprise controls and rigid policies.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining an organization- wide Information Security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected
- Engage in vulnerability detection/remediation efforts including analyzing findings from security tools and improving detection workflows with automation and alert enrichments
- Document and disseminate security guidelines for common security issues, provide remediation mentorship, and security baselines
- Participate in on-call rotations for security incident response
- 5+ years of information security experience within a forward-leaning enterprise-style environment, including familiarity with Zero-Trust concepts
- Experience with Python and SQL-queries
- In-depth knowledge of SIEM technology
- Organized, methodical, and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Tight-knit collaboration skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively and operate, in sophisticated multi-functional environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively connect with a diverse set of audiences of varying backgrounds
- Passion for understanding and researching vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
- Experience as an incident responder responsible for running large scale incidents
- Nice to have: Skill in malware analysis and reverse engineering