Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is taking a new, cutting-edge approach to philanthropy, funding ambitious projects that will have a significant impact on the future of education, technology and science, and social justice. As the HR Systems and Data Analytics Program Manager, you will be supporting the Director of People Operations by driving a wide range of critical work streams, including building out the people analytics functions and optimizing Workday, HR systems and processes to support CZI’s goal to be a diverse and inclusive organization.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong People Analytics and HR Systems program and project management experience. They should have deep experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to lead developments within Workday and HR Systems while also handling various programs and projects. They should thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and be ready to get in and help make positive changes. They should also be passionate about executing on big ideas, and bringing out the best of the people around them!
- Build out HR analytics and dashboard functions (Attrition, DEI, Engagement, Headcount, Total Rewards, VSI, L&D) by collaborating closely with People Business Partners, division leads and cross-functional teams to infuse people analytics insights into major business priorities and enable data-driven decisions
- Partner closely with our Business Systems team and business partners to support new or existing systems evaluation, implementation, rollout, and optimize HCM platform and interfaces across multiple systems (Workday, Culture Amp, etc.)
- Lead more intricate Tier 2 Workday and HR systems related employee requests or issues, HR ticket systems and provide monthly HR tickets KRI dashboard reporting and identify ways to improve HR help desk performance and efficiency
- Drive the performance review process and communications; Support new performance management program design and implementation in the Culture Amp platform
- Drive project intake process related to HR systems, collect and document business requirements, support business process review and testing, facilitate project planning, communication, coordination, and execution across various partners
- Complete state and federal compliance reporting (EEO-1, etc); Support Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, and other compliance initiatives as needed
- Partner with cross-functional teams to run development, testing and implementation of Workday projects and enhancements to improve overall efficiency
- Proven experience in People Analytics and Workday/HRIS systems at scale
- Experience working with JIRA or other HR ticket system bot solutions
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to evaluate current state, find opportunities for improvement and develop a roadmap to motivate change
- Excellent project management, time-management skills, and attention to detail
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Passion about accelerating social progress and excited to work jointly with a team of scientists, academics, community activists and technologists to build a brighter future for everyone!