Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
In our Science Initiative, our mission is to support science and technology that will help make it possible to cure, prevent, or manage all diseases by the end of the century.
Every day in biomedicine, 4,000 scientific papers are published—that’s 1 paper every 20 seconds. Meta is a scientific discovery tool that exists so researchers can more easily discover and keep pace with this vast amount of information. By using machine learning to analyze and map millions of scientific outputs, Meta helps researchers look beyond their field of expertise, generate new hypotheses, understand connections and context, and thus accelerate the process of science as a whole.
As a Product Marketing Manager for Meta, your goal will be bringing Meta to the global biomedical research community, ultimately driving adoption and usage of the product. The ideal candidate is a strategic product marketer who is analytical and creative; has deep empathy for users; can craft compelling messages; and is comfortable operating at highly strategic and tactical levels, switching between them effortlessly.
- Own the development of marketing strategies that drive awareness and engagement of Meta, as a user-facing tool and API, defining and driving comprehensive marketing plans including competitive analysis, audience definition, development of core value proposition, messaging, offline tactics, and sustained communications through messaging channels
- Proactively identify and execute on opportunities to drive increased engagement with new and existing users, through close partnership with product management, analytics, and program teams
- Measure results across efforts and constantly find creative ways to maintain momentum and engagement
- Work with partners to develop effective co-marketing strategies that demonstrate the value of Meta and the power of tools that integrate with Meta
- Partner closely with product managers, program, partnership, in-house scientists, communications, PR, and brand teams to effectively deliver on a coordinated and cohesive marketing strategy
- 3+ years of product or growth marketing experience, preferably at a high-growth software company
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and measure marketing initiatives that drive adoption and bottom line impact
- Experience working in or building products tailored for customer acquisition, retention, or engagement teams
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
- Background in science or scholarly products not required, but must have an interest in and willingness to work in these domains in order to best serve our researcher audiences
- Familiarity with SQL and HTML/CSS a plus
- Experience with B2B marketing and APIs a plus