Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a Product Designer passionate about education and creating visually stunning products to join our Along product design team. The Along product helps teachers connect with their students, and teach important life skills, all while staying delightful and engaging. You will work in a cross-functional team with subject-matter experts, product managers, researchers, educators, and engineers to design and build this exciting learning experience.
If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team to clearly understand teacher and student needs, generate meaningful product ideas and measure the impact of those ideas
- Care deeply about the details and have a high bar for fit and finish
- Participate in design critique by sharing and receiving constructive feedback
- Use storytelling to communicate new, ambitious design concepts to leadership and partners
- Collaborate with engineers to see your interface designs through implementation and launch
- Worked on projects that have shipped
- 5-7 years of product design, interaction design and visual design experience
- Deep understanding of fast-moving consumer-facing product development
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design with a focus on Interaction and Visual Design
- A portfolio of delightful interfaces and interactions
- A collaborative and inclusive working style
- Experience advocating effectively for product quality
- An ear to listen, ask the right questions and effectively convey your ideas to cross-functional teams
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people preferred (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)