Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We're looking for an individual who is passionate about partnering with engineering and product teams in evaluating, managing, and addressing security risks. In this role, you will be responsible for leading security programs across each of our initiatives, in addition to helping lead security initiatives which cut across CZI. You will also be part of our vendor and partner security program, helping to evaluate and improve the security of our vendors and partners. You'll be part consultant, part security specialist, and part program manager, finding the perfect balance to support the teams you work with.
- Partner closely with engineers, product managers, and others from CZI's technology teams to build flexible and robust security programs that continuously evaluate, supervise, and manage risks
- Serve as an internal champion and consultant for security and privacy
- Drive security and privacy initiatives which cut across CZI and its partner organizations
- Identify common security issues that can be addressed by shared infrastructure components and partner with the Product Security or Infrastructure Security teams to build and ship them
- Develop and deliver training. Evangelize security and build security awareness across the company
- Participate in on-call rotations for security incident response
- Technical project or program management experience
- Experience working on application security, product security, infrastructure security, or IT security
- Organized, methodical and detail oriented, with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead via influence in cross-functional environments
- Excellent communication skills, in particular communicating technical concepts between audiences of varying backgrounds
- Proven willingness to get into the details and go above and beyond to achieve the team's end goals