Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Interested in learning more about legal and compliance requirements across grantmaking, contracts, privacy, exempt organizations, and employment law? We’re looking for a Team Administrator for CZI’s growing Legal & Grants team. We are looking for someone who is mission-oriented, can run with projects, and has enthusiasm to work in a team environment. This individual will provide administrative support to team leadership, including calendar scheduling, document management, coordinating internal processes, and organizing team events, among other duties.
The Team Administrator acts as a liaison and representative for the Legal & Grants Team. As such, applicants must have strong communication skills, must be able to work independently, and solve problems creatively. This person will work in close collaboration with partners across CZI as an integral team member. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Manage schedules of four members of leadership, as well as manage weekly office hours and other hard to schedule meetings
- Manage expense reimbursements and provide assistance on law firm billing and engagement letters
- Manage existing systems and create new ones to keep the Legal & Grants Team organized, including maintaining systems of communication, prioritizing incoming information and requests, and maintaining records
- Organize and provide event support for our internal Legal & Grants Team as well as help plan events with external partners
- Schedule and arrange travel (when business travel resumes)
- Add rigor to all aspects of internal processes and champion collaboration and efficiency across the team; take on special projects or help with other functions, as necessary
- Experience with related administrative, operations or project management work; we are open to how you built the following skills
- Great organizational skills; you are self-directed with strong foresight and time management skills; you are flexible, adaptable when things change last minute; you are reliable and have strong attention to detail; able to deal with many moving pieces
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills; you are able to build productive relationships quickly with a diverse group of people; people often say they love working with you and trust you
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools (especially Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Spreadsheets, Slack & DocuSign)
- History of demonstrating good judgment and integrity; passion for our mission and desire to contribute to an innovative organization;