Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Our Education Technology team is seeking a Teacher Support Specialist to work on our suite of EdTech products. In this role, you will deliver high-quality, empathetic, and delightful support to our educators, parents, and students; work in partnership with our product and engineering teams to advocate for an ever-improving user experience; and help build sustainable and scalable support systems for our support team.
At CZI Education, our work is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. We’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work to help every young person enter adulthood with the skills and abilities each of them need to reach their full potential — and equip every teacher with the tools and research they need to help students get there. An example of our work is our partnership with Summit Learning -- a personalized approach to education developed by Summit Public Schools in partnership with learning scientists, researchers, and academics. With Summit Learning, students gain the skills, knowledge, and habits to succeed in college and enter adulthood with a clear vision for achieving purpose and wellbeing in life.
This role is based at our Redwood City HQ office (based remotely until 2021 and SIP is lifted) and will report into our Teacher Support Manager.
- Become a product specialist for our suite of Education products, such as Summit Learning
- Respond to user requests quickly and with extraordinary customer service via our support ticketing system (Zendesk), live chat, and phone calls
- Troubleshoot problems with users and educate them on the best professional practices
- Partner with engineering to prioritize and fix technical problems
- Tackle cross-functional projects to ensure a high-quality user experience
- Pinpoint inefficiencies in our support processes and spearhead improvements
- Experience working in an operational capacity to support others, especially in contexts such as non-profits, teaching, or customer support
- Outstanding attention to detail with a drive for high-quality output
- The capacity to work comfortably across multiple projects in a constantly evolving environment
- The ability to learn quickly and ask for help when needed
- Excellent writing skills, including complete command of English grammar and mechanics
- A passion for finding gaps in processes and using your organizational and problem-solving skills to make things run smoothly
- Worked in the education field in some capacity, preferred