Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Talent fuels everything we do at CZI to make a better future for everyone; our ability to attract and hire outstanding and mission-aligned talent is critical to making progress on our objectives. Recruiters lead this crucial work and are integral to the success of CZI.
Technical Recruiters at CZI are key partners and consultants to hiring managers and leaders across the organization who develop strategies to attract and hire outstanding technical talent from a wide range of backgrounds and levels.
As a member of our Technology Recruiting team, you’ll lead the hiring delivery for a function, provide direction on a diverse and sophisticated set of candidate markets and build strategies to allow us to source, engage and hire the best talent.
- Have a passion for Recruiting and understand how to attract and hire talent in a competitive market through a variety of strategies and creative programs
- Help CZI build diverse teams which will allow us to best support the communities we serve
- Hold hiring experience the center of your Recruiting philosophy, ensuring the candidates, managers, and partners have a delightful experience in every interaction.
- Partner closely with leaders in our organization to develop hiring plans for their highest priorities, serving as an advisor to them when navigating the hiring process
- Be capable of crafting the best out of ambiguity and leading others through change
- 6+ years of Recruiting experience for a variety of subject areas and levels for candidates from a wide range of backgrounds
- Fantastic relationship management, communication, and influencing skills at all levels of an organization
- Fluency in diversity equity and inclusion concepts, programs, and initiatives, and experience in their application to build programmes that attracting and hire diverse talent
- Extensive experience generating candidate pipeline across multiple channels including passive search and navigating Recruiting processes and workflows to hire outstanding talent
- Experience driving innovative Recruiting initiatives as solutions to the organizations most sophisticated hiring challenges