Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Head of Technology Recruiting will define, drive and deliver the Technology Recruiting Strategy to hire outstanding talent at CZI.
You will hire, mentor, develop, coach and lead a team of Recruiters delivering best-in-class hiring solutions in fast-paced, lean environments, in partnership with leaders in the Technology organization at CZI. This role will suit a leader who has experience in building and leading a highly visible and engaged recruitment team.
You will craft organizational practices, processes and systems to hire a wide range of Technical talent from traditional and non-traditional backgrounds.
You will be a crucial partner for Technology Leadership at CZI and will be responsible for fueling, building and scaling the talent of the Technology team at CZI.
This role is based at our Redwood City HQ office (based remotely until 2021 and SIP is lifted) and will report into our Head of Recruiting.
- Have a passion for Recruiting and understand how to attract and hire talent in a competitive market through a variety of strategies and creative programs
- Love hiring, developing, coaching, managing and retaining a Recruiting team from a wide range of backgrounds and experience levels that thrives under your leadership
- Be a leader to the People and Recruiting teams, and a partner and consultant to the Technology Leaders across the organization, and a consultant to leaders across the organization
- Have functional accountability for the Technology hiring operation
- Help CZI build diverse teams which will enable us to best support the communities we serve
- Love data and use analysis to influence decisions and strategy
- Understand how to interpret organizational needs, translate them into broader Recruiting strategies and programme lead their delivery
- Evolve employer value and brand propositions for the organization and bring it to life with candidates
- Be capable of crafting the best out of ambiguity and leading others through change
- Think strategically about opportunities and challenges, and bring the capability to deliver tactically when required.
- Be deeply aligned to our mission to build a Future for Everyone
- 10+ years experience working in Recruiting organizations
- 5+ years people management experience in Recruiting organizations, ideally focussed on pipeline creation, research-based talent engagement, proven understanding of recruiting marketing and segmentation
- Strong analytical skills, driven by a deep understanding of data drive practices
- Fluency in diversity equity and inclusion concepts, programs and initiatives, and experience in their application to build programmes that attracting and hire diverse talent
- A track record of effective cross functional collaboration across disciplines
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly fast-paced organization that requires you to flex between strategic, operational, and tactical levels
- Strong executive presence, combined with exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; you have the ability to build positive relationships easily and with authenticity with people and partners with varied backgrounds and perspectives
- Excellent project management capabilities, you are able to lead multiple, sophisticated workstreams and prioritize projects concurrently