Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As an Executive Assistant for the CZI Education Initiative’s Learning Platform team, you will primarily support the Data and Engineering leaders on the Learning Platform along with needs of their broader teams. You will work in close partnership with the Executive Assistant supporting the Product and Design leaders on the Learning Platform.
To be successful at this role, you must have excellent interpersonal skills, incredible attention to detail, be able to work independently and always be one step ahead. You will need to be a masterful problem-solver and an organizational whiz given complex cross-functionality of the team.
- Support large meetings, social events, and other needs for the broader Data and Engineering teams within the Learning Platform.
- Anticipate needs and proactively seek appropriate resources to support them and the team
- Handle an extensive array of administrative tasks for the Data and Engineering leaders on the team that require you to coordinate logistics: wrangle hectic calendars and prioritize time, book travel, plan events, expense reporting, etc.
- Build and develop cross-functional relationships internally and external partners
- Identify new systems and processes to help drive increased leader and team efficiency, effectiveness and impact
- Other tasks as requested, including but not limited to event planning and project support work
- 5+ years of professional experience with related administrative, operations or project management with prior experience supporting technology teams
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication with the ability to build positive relationships easily and with authenticity
- Excellent organizational skills: a self-starter with strong foresight and time management skills; outstanding attention to detail, organization and follow up
- Can easily work with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Excellent judgment while handling highly confidential and proprietary matters
- Agility and flexibility in a constantly evolving and collaborative environment
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools (With experience working with Google Apps like Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Spreadsheets and Slack, preferred)
- Passion for our mission and desire to contribute to an innovative organization