Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing the facilitation of an ongoing delightful experience for all employees of Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) by providing consistent operational support and managing an inclusive and safe environment for CZI employees. You will report into the Director of Real Estate and Workplace Services and have a passion for managing competing priorities while upholding CZI’s core values: We are committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone is, and feels welcomed, respected, supported and valued.
- Ensure seamless and consistent operating standards to provide a productive workplace
- Manage the tactical requirements for facilities operations to include forecasting and scheduling maintenance coupled with some project management
- Work within the REWF (Real Estate Workplace & Facilities) team to develop strategies for long term facilities operations
- Set and manage annual Facilities budget
- Manage and develop a team of Facility Coordinators, Building Engineer and all associated facilities vendors that include but are not limited to janitorial, warehouse, shipping & receiving, mechanical, electrical, structural, fire life safety, event set-up and other associated trades and projects
- Establish, negotiate and manage vendor contracts, including vendor selection for services and supplies
- Will be required to maintain an on-call schedule for 24/7 for after hour facilities incidents
- 6+ years in a facilities management role, with preference for managing facilities in multiple buildings
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams across the organization, and with external vendors
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures
- Operating knowledge of janitorial, HVAC, A/V, general building maintenance, and regulations
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with Google Apps, Microsoft Office; able to pick up new tools quickly