Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Our mission is to create a future for everyone. Across our three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
This individual will set the vision and drive the execution of CZI’s HR Operations. Reporting to the Head of People, this person will serve as an organizational leader responsible for a wide range of critical work streams, including systems and operating procedures for onboarding/off-boarding, benefits administration, relocation, immigration and analytics.This person will ensure our systems, programs and procedures work in direct support of CZI’s goal to be a diverse and inclusive organization.
- Build and scale an efficient, centralized HR Operations Team that supports the business
- Understand organizational needs and create and drive processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect CZI’s values.
- Establish globally applicable (compliant, consistent and scalable) Workday enabled HR processes for employees and contingent workforce (across areas such as onboarding/off-boarding, employee data changes, etc.)
- Provide input on the HR systems landscape and enable optimized use of HR systems to deliver processes in easily consumable, scalable ways
- Establish service level agreements and key performance measures for HR services and align resources to achieve them
- Ensure HR Operations audit and control processes are developed and followed in compliance with CZI’s internal policies, federal and state laws
- Forge excellent partnership with leaders, HRBPs, Finance, IT and Legal to drive the voice of the employee in developing and delivering new and improved services and programs
- Champion collaborative cross functional relationships with other operational teams, such as Payroll, to ensure successful execution of essential HR processes
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to a team of functional specialists who support employees across the organization throughout their lifecycle
- Inspire the operations team to deliver streamlined employee and manager experiences that enable HR Business Partners to fulfill their designated strategic roles
- Orchestrate People Operations analytics. Assess areas of opportunity, determine approach, compile and analyze data and prepare reports/recommendations to define people operations strategies related to people systems and processes.
- Think strategically about opportunities and challenges, and bring the capability to deliver tactically when required.
- 10+ years of experience in HR/HR Operations including: HR Management Systems and Applicant Tracking Systems, compensation, organizational planning, benefits administration, compliance, recruiting, employee life-cycle and the rollout of HR operational programs
- 8+ years direct people management and development experience including Managers, Individual Team Members and talent in the various disciplines of HR Operations.
Nice to have
- Independent self-starter, with a strong track record of cross functional collaboration across disciplines, is essential
- Demonstrated experience in the various People/HR functional areas, especially total compensation, HRIS, benefits, and other people technologies.
- Experience in Workday and HRIS implementation.
- Fluency in DEI concepts, programs and initiatives
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving ability
- High integrity and alignment with CZI’s mission and values
- Ability to work at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated credibility and in communications
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly growing and unstructured environment
- Ability to manage multiple, sophisticated issues and prioritize projects concurrently
- Ability to identify, scope, design, and implement projects to answer organizational issues, and measure the impact of the solutions